Friday, July 13, 2012

Tooth tip!

I, for one, love beautiful teeth.  So I want to do everything I can to keep my teeth healthy and bright.  The last time I was at the dentist, I told them that I was beginning to have a couple sensitive spots that I was worried about.  The hygienist told me this interesting fact:

Acids can start to erode away the enamel on your teeth, which can lead to sensitivity and cavities.  How can you prevent this? By rinsing out your mouth with water immediately after eating acidic foods, including fruits, coffee, and wine.  And don’t brush your teeth instead of rinsing, because brushing will actually push the acid further into your teeth.  So, if you want to keep those pearly whites healthy and strong, try rinsing with water.  Good to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment