Friday, April 15, 2016

The Best Way to Care

via
I read this quote for the first time the other day and it really struck a chord with me. I spend so much time worrying about the people who are close to me. I worry that they are taking the wrong path or making mistakes. I worry when they won't listen to advice that others give them. Really, I am a chronic worrier. When you care about someone, it's hard not to (at least for me!)

It's so much easier to have perspective on what is the best thing for a person when you are not the person. However, I'm not God, so it's also extremely easy for me to be wrong. That's what's so great about this little reminder. We can encourage people to change, we can tell them that we are worried about them, but in the end, the best thing we can do for them is pray. If we are praying for them, we know that, unlike human advice, God really will do what is best for them. 

What a wonderful reminder. I don't need to worry. I don't need to fear. Those loved ones aren't in my hands, they are in God's. He has it under control so I don't need to try to control a situation that I can't.

If you have been struggling with a similar situation, I hope this will give you comfort and remind you to take it to God in prayer! Have a wonderful weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment