Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Live, Not Exist

28,000 days. 672,000 hours. 

That's how long the average person lives. Those hours and those days matter, because you won't get them back. If you got to the end of yesterday and thought, Phew, I'm so glad that's over with, you just wasted a day of your life that you won't ever have again. 


I've done it myself and I've seen so many do it. We wait and we wait to have a better life. We wish for more and we are glad to get through "these days". We want to get through to the weekend, to our vacation, to the next year. I am so guilty of this! I rush through each day, trying to accomplish as much as I can.

Sometimes, we just need to slow down. Realize that this is a moment we will never have again. How do you want to spend it? I love this quote: Stop waiting for Friday, for summer, for someone to fall in love with you, for life. Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it and make the most of the moment you are in now.  

I don't want to get to the end of my life and think Boy, I sure rushed through life. I want to think of how I appreciated my time, how I used it to do good. I want to have lived intentionally. I want to have shown the world a little more of God. I want to have shown those around me that I love them. I want to make a difference, however small. 

We can either spend time or waste time. Either way, it will pass. BUT wouldn't  you rather spend it? May we live instead of just exist! 

No comments:

Post a Comment