Friday, March 17, 2017

The Ordinary

I've been in a pretty rushed season of life lately, where I seem to be doing something every moment. Every weekend has been full and each week jam packed. When life gets busy, I forget to stop and breathe. I need to remind myself to be thankful and joyful, instead of rushed and thoughtless. 

There are a LOT of big things in my life that I am so so so thankful for, but I need to also be thankful for the seemingly ordinary things, the things that are amazing but we forget to think about. I want to be more purposeful in life and part of that includes realizing all the things that are right in front of me! 


Here are a few things that I've been trying not to take for granted:
// My dishwasher
// My microwave
// Glass cleaner
// My washer and dryer 
// A camera
// My laptop
// A shower
// Tap water that tastes delicious
// A grocery story just 5 minutes away
// Phones
// Mail
// A library 

These are just a few objects that are the unsung heroes of everyday life. I don't have to have them, but life would be so much more difficult without them! We call them ordinary, but really, they aren't ordinary at all. What "ordinary" things are you thankful for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment