Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Choose Joy Tuesday // Laugh out Loud


Today I will choose joy because…

1)      MY FAMILY IS COMING HOME TODAY! (That was easy one)

2)      I can laugh at myself.  Man, oh man, I do the most embarrassing things but I sure do get a good laugh out of them sometimes.  Like yesterday, when someone in my class said “I’m hungry” and in response I said “Good morning!”  Then, I realized what they said.  Oops.

3)      I have some new followers from Life of Bon today! Whoo hoo!! Welcome all of you!

4)      For my hilarious friend Forrest.  Just in case I don’t get enough laughs at myself, he can always make me laugh.  You might just agree….

TIPS FOR 3RD WHEELING

Forrest shared these with me when I was in a third wheeling situation… if you don’t know what third wheeling is, lucky you (-:  If you have ever been in this situation, here ya go!  In the words of Forrest….

1)      Avoiding awkward interaction is always key, try to never just walk into the room.  I suggest maybe making a loud cough to let the couple know you are about to enter.

2)      When stuck interacting with couple, as you will undoubtedly find yourself situated in, never make eye contact with either person.  Talk to them, but look at a wall.

3)      Also, I’ve always wondered what to do when the couple begins snugglage.  My favorite thing to do is watch TV if it is available in that room, but it’s not always attainable.  So I suggest that you “discover” something weird on your skin and look intensely at it.

4)      Making fun of yourself is always a hit; it gives the couple something to join in on, plus if you’re lucky they will be caught off guard and stop doing whatever awkward thing was previously being done.  Genius.

5)      Your phone is your best friend, never forget this.  It gets you out of any awkward situation because you can always fake a text and not have to deal with the awkwardness of the couple whispering to themselves (my favorite technique).

6)      Never overly smile/smile at them for extended periods.  It’s just creepy.


So there you have it!  Hope it made your day a little cheerier! 

Joyfully yours,

Danielle

7 comments:

  1. Oh man - being a third wheel can be the worst sometimes! Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I'm glad to have such funny friends!

      Delete
  3. new follower here! Haha Third wheel tips. My favorite was the skin looking hahaha too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for stopping by! I know, isn't he hilarious?? he should be writing all my posts :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, fake texting...how many times I have done that in sundry and varied social situations!

    ReplyDelete