Friday, October 19, 2012

Rushing Through Life.

Ever feel like you are always going, always waiting for some more ideal moment, a moment in the future where you think you’ll finally be perfectly content?  That moment when you can finally stop “waiting” for happiness?  I used to do that a lot.  I’d always be waiting for something better but lately I’ve been thinking—why do we always think like that?  Why do we rush through life, waiting for this part to be over before we are perfectly content?    

Life is short.  Really short.  I’m only 21 but, man, I sure feel like my life has flown by.  All I want is for time to slow down.  To breathe.  To enjoy every moment.  To stop rushing through semesters and complaining the whole time about how I can’t wait until they’re over.  To be content today.
Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. - Phil 4:11-12

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” -Heb 13:5
So here is my reminder to you today: Slow down.  Seek God.  Love with all your heart.  Stop comparing your life to the life of others, because as Roosevelt so wonderfully put it: “Comparison is the thief of joy.”  No matter what you are running after, you will never get there if you don’t put God first and be content in TODAY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment