Thursday, April 18, 2013

Feeling Fishy?

Heeeello, friends! I have been a little boring this week, but hopefully this recipe will spice up your life! I made it for my mom's birthday this week.  Funny story-- the sauce calls for cilantro and I knew we had some growing in our little herb garden.  When I started cooking, I went outside but couldn't find any cilantro, only parsley. I called my mom and asked her where the cilantro was and she insisted that the plant I thought was parsley was actually cilantro.  Despite my misgivings, I decided that I must be confused about what cilantro was and made the sauce with it.  Well, guess what? It was parsley! So this recipe will probably be even better if you use the real ingredients!  


How the heck do you take pictures of tacos?  I am obviously terrible at it.

3 garlic cloves
2 medium tomatillos, husked and rinsed
1/2 medium jalapeno pepper
1/2 cup cilantro stems
3 TBSP mayo
1/2 tsp sugar
3/8 tsp salt, divided
2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
1 TBSP lime juice
1 TBSP olive oil
4 (6 oz) tilapia filets
1/4 tsp black pepper
8 corn tortillas
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves

Arrange garlic, tomatillos and jalapeno on a foil lined jelly-roll pan. Broil 3 minutes on each side or until blackened.  Combine tomatillo mixture, cilantro stems, mayo, sugar and 1/8 tsp salt in a food processor; blend until smooth.

Combine cabbage, juice and oil in medium bowl and toss to coat. 

Heat large skillet over medium-high heat.  Sprinkle fish evenly with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper.  Coat pan with cooking spray.  Add fish to pan; cook 2 minutes.  Turn fish and cook 1 minute (or until done!!).

Heat tortillas and fill with fish, cabbage and sauce.  Mmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment