Monday, July 8, 2013

Like We Need to Breathe


I got to have some awesome conversations with my friend Steve last week and he shared this video with me.  Thanks Stevo!
 



To me, the absolute greatest success is to serve God, to be more like Jesus, and to someday soon be in the Kingdom.  But do we always pursue it like it is the most important thing? Do we seek God like we need to breathe?  Do we never give up, the way an athlete trains for the Olympics?

When you get to the point where all you want to do is be successful as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful.  

source
 
 
I say I want to be in God's Kingdom, but I act like I only kind of want it.  

When I pray, I want to pray like I am gasping for air.  In my service to God, I want to devote myself the way an athlete trains for the Olympics.  When I sing the song "Seek ye FIRST the Kingdom of God" at church, I want to really mean it.  

So my challenge is to change the way I seek God.  To seek Him first, truly first, the way I seek air to breathe.  To rely on Him to keep me alive the way He does when He gives me every breathe that I breathe.  

I think about the wonderful promises God has made to us. I think about how Jesus struggled the way we do, yet never once fell short.  We need to grab on with both hands and fight the good fight.  We can't let it slip away because we are more interested in things that don't last.  

Oh, to be like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment