Monday, July 15, 2013

So Much Love

I started my summer physical therapy internship last Thursday.  I am doing it at Easter Seals Pediatric center, which works with children who have cerebral palsy, autism, and other developmental disabilities.

I was a bit scared.  I didn't know what these kids would be like and I thought it might be hard to work with them.
 
BOY was I wrong.  If Thursday was any indicator, this is going to be the best internship I have ever done.  Yes, they may not be developing typically but there is nothing wrong with their hearts. These kids just have SO much love.  I have never met kids who were so open and loveable.  I don't want to discount all the effort that parents with kids who have disabilities go through, but they sure are easy to love.  I don't think I'm the most kid-loving person, but they are enough break down any barriers in my heart.  
 
Shows how God can use my fear to teach me how to love more. 

source
 

No comments:

Post a Comment