Thursday, May 8, 2014

Reading Hobby

Reading Kids/Young Adult fiction is a hobby of mine. Obviously, when I was younger I read it, but now that I am not as young (but still admittedly quite young), I still love it.  As I mentioned before, when I was younger, I devoured books daily.  It was pretty usual for me to read a book a day. Now that I read more adult books, I find that I don't enjoy reading nearly as much.  Not to say that I don't like any adult books, but there is something about it that isn't quite as lovely.  Besides the fact that it is much harder to find a book that doesn't have language and sex and all other things a believer doesn't want to read, kids books bring me something that adult books just don't. I haven't quite figured it out yet, but I think it is because adult books try to give a "sophisticated" air.  Kids books just... are. I really enjoy reading books with my younger sister and brother because it gives me an opportunity to reread my old favorites. So, without further ado, here is a list of **some** of my favorites:


The Shadow Children
I LOVED these. When I was younger, only five of them were out, but I recently read all 8 of them with Colton and Melissa. 


Boston Jane


Ella Enchanted


Christy Miller series
... my FAVORITE books as a young teen. 


Seventeenth Summer
the sweetest love story of all time.

The City of Ember 
My sister's nickname, Poppy, came from the little sister in this book!

Number the Stars
This is a must-read for everyone!


Harry Potter
obviously.


Little House on the Prairie 
Welcome to my childhood, where most of my playing was pretending to be Laura with my prairie dress and the bonnet my mom made me.


The Boxcar Children
 

I could go on and on, but here are just a few of my favorites. What about you? What's your funny hobby?

No comments:

Post a Comment