Thursday, January 8, 2015

2015

Photo by Melissa Dondero
To me a new year is full of promise. A gift from God. A chance to grow and a chance to learn. A time to be thankful for the wonderful husband and family and friends I have. To become more like the person God wants me to be, the person Peter writes about:

"For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. (2 Peter 1:5-7)"

I'm not nearly there yet, but God has created each one of us with the potential to grow in such a manner. I don't want to fill my new year with silly resolutions soon to be forgotten, but to simply use the new year as a measure of where I was last year. I evaluate my life and the growth (or lack of) that I have had since last year and identify ways that I need to improve. Being a new wife, there are many ways that I need to improve on being a wife. And of course, we are never finished growing when it comes to a relationship with God. I think that God has given us a wonderful opportunity to improve ourselves in the new year, and I don't want to waste that. If Jesus still hasn't returned by 2016, I pray that I will be able to look back and know that I have grown closer to the person that God wants me to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment