Friday, March 13, 2015

What If We Weren't?


What if we weren't meant to stay in our comfort zone?

What if we weren't meant to live the American dream? To have the biggest house, a pool and 2.5 children?

What if we weren't meant to have the fanciest car?

What if we weren't meant to settle for this life?

What if we weren't meant to just read the Bible a few minutes every day and show up for church on Sunday morning?

What if we weren't meant to constantly desire what we do not have? What if we weren't meant to buy whatever our heart desires?

What if we weren't meant to go to college, snag a financially secure job, and live out the rest of our days without worry?

What if we WERE meant to step out of our comfort zone, to live more simply, to give more and take less?

Jesus didn't call us to a life of luxury and ease. I don't know about you, but my life pretty much qualifies as comfortable. 

I'm scared to step out of that comfort, but I'm even more scared not to.

That's my challenge-- to myself and to you-- to start to move out of your comfort zone and into the life Jesus called us to live. It may be scary, but I think it will be so worth it. Maybe, just maybe, we won't discover our TRUE life until we stop settling for this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment