Monday, July 27, 2015

A Tasty Salmon Treat

Happy Monday! I had a weekend full of studying for finals next week, but my wonderful hubs treated me to this fancy dinner. It was our 11-monthiversary (no, we will not stop celebrating monthiversaries). He even set the table with two forks... which is too fancy for me and didn't know what to do with both. He told me that he wanted to make it nice so that I could post it on my blog, so I asked him to write about it! He was very proud of it and wanted to take pictures of me with the flowers he got. He's so sweet! Without further ado...

Hi!


This is a recipe that I tried out for filet of salmon one evening when it was just Danielle and I. When I recently visited Canada I went fishing and brought back all the salmon in a cooler as a big treat!  I really prefer fresh caught however it was unavoidable to freeze it but it tasted fantastic!! I modified the recipe a bit because Danielle isn't really big on ginger... and neither am I so I only put in half the ginger that it called for. I used Pink Salmon for the recipe, some people prefer other kinds but that happened to be what we were catching this year.




Here is a photo of what our dinner looked like, We had the Salmon, Spanish Rice and salad mmm! I am really looking forward to the next time we make it! This is possibly the best salmon recipe I have come across and it is super easy to make!!

Sesame Ginger Salmon (click for original recipe)


Marinade
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 cloves garlic, pressed
  • 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
  • 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
  • 4 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 4 salmon filets
Salmon Glaze
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds

To make the glaze, whisk together honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, Sriracha, ginger and sesame seeds in a small bowl; set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds and green onions.
In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine ginger marinade and salmon filets; marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
Place salmon filets along with the marinade onto prepared baking dish and bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes. Serve salmon immediately with honey ginger glaze.

Thanks for reading! See you again at my next guest post (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment