Monday, July 20, 2015

A Weekend on Fire

I had a great weekend! It started off on Thursday night with a celebration of my friend, Jessica's birthday. We went to a burger place that had the most amazing onion strings with ranch. I basically ate them all before my Philly Cheesesteak and then was too full to eat the sandwich. Oops. #notsorry

girl on fire. 

birthday girl!
um... onion strings. yum
Then, on Friday we went to an Arboretum that is at UC Davis (take that, summer bucket list!) It wasn't what I expected (I thought it would be like a garden but with trees), but it was amazing! We saw some neat wildlife (turtles! otters!) and had a nice time enjoying God's creation.


we saw the tiniest turtle!
I spy a turtle.. do you?
the couple that wears aviators together, stays together

Daniel is obsessed with squirrels... I don't know why

the bridge of love... or something. we saw all these locks with people's names engraved into them
Saturday, Daniel and I were dog sitting for a neighbor. We spent the afternoon swimming and reading. I'm not a very good swimmer so Daniel was helping me practice. He loves dogs so he was excited to be taking care of one, even if just for one night. He was also thrilled that we went to a car show that was nearby. He was like a kid in a candy shop, running from one car to another (and squealing too). We ended the night with some ice cream, so that was perfect.

his favorite car
After church on Sunday, we went to Chipotle with my dad. Then we headed to the Crocker Art Museum for free admision day. I'll be honest, I don't get a lot art. I do enjoy looking at beautiful paintings and ceramics, but beyond that I'm a bit lost. An hour or so is about all we could take. #uncultured



What fun things did you do this weekend?





No comments:

Post a Comment