Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2016

As with most things that I do, I like to make my New Year's resolutions specific and measurable. For some people, I admit that might seem a bit strange. A lot of resolutions I've heard have been much more general than mine are (sleep more, be healthy, clean more, etc). And those are perfectly wonderful goals! To each her own. I've also seen a lot of people choosing a "word" for the year, which seems like a really neat idea. However, for me personally, I know for me to feel like I am changing, I have to outline specifically what I want to do. That might include certain goal posts, time allotments, etc.

For example, a few years ago my goals were to read the Bible every day, be able to run 1 mile by the end of the  year, and practice the guitar for 20 minutes at least 4 days a week. Guess what? I can now run much, much further (and also, I hate playing the guitar so I don't do that anymore). Anyhow, for a while I have been thinking that my resolution is going to center around prayer. Besides saying "pray more", which wouldn't really work for me, I wasn't quite sure where to start. I actually found a lot of helpful websites guiding me to how they learned to pray more. We also recently watched the movie "War Room", which was a little on the dramatic side but also a great reminder of the POWER of prayer.

I'll admit, there are so many areas in my life that I need to improve, I found it hard to make just one resolution. But, I remind myself that pray has the power to change every aspect of my life. So, if you think of it that way,  I am making a resolution that is going to change my life in every area. 



These are the two books I'm going to use to guide my prayer life. I've made specific goals in terms of prayer for myself, including time allotments, when to pray, how to pray, etc, but I think I will keep those personal. I'm going to use the prayer journal to record who/what I want to pray for daily. The notebook is so that I can write out prayers that are on my heart. I saw that idea in the movie War Room and I thought it was a great idea when something is weighing me down! There you have it, my resolution for the year 2016 (now how did we get here already?!)

Happy 2016!


2 comments:

  1. I got the exact same prayer Journal to try as well :) Hope it goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I hope it inspires your prayer life!

      Delete