Monday, January 11, 2016

Psalm 18

 It's said that God no longer speaks to this generation, but, oh how He does! Maybe I can't hear it, but I feel as if He is speaking directly to me. You know those times when you just happen to read the perfect verse or chapter? And it speaks to you just so personally, it's as if it was written for you alone. I had one of those moments last week, when I was having a bit of a "down" day. It was just one of those days. We were doing the daily Bible readings and it was Psalm 18. It felt like God was speaking straight to me with those first few verses. God is our fortress! What a reassuring thought... it makes me feel so encouraged. What scriptures have you read recently that really spoke to you? 

I love you, Lord, my strength.
 The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
    my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

and then a few more verses that I love: 
 
 As for God, his way is perfect:
    The Lord’s word is flawless;
    he shields all who take refuge in him.
 For who is God besides the Lord?
    And who is the Rock except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength
    and keeps my way secure.
 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
    he causes me to stand on the heights.
 He trains my hands for battle;
    my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You make your saving help my shield,
    and your right hand sustains me;
    your help has made me great.
 You provide a broad path for my feet,
    so that my ankles do not give way.

No comments:

Post a Comment