Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ode to Birthdays.


There are two things that I love more than the average person.  If you know me, you already know this.  If you don’t, you soon will.

1.  My Car.

My car, whom I fondly call Chester, is one of my favorite things in the world.  And yesterday, Chester turned 60,000.  This milestone is bittersweet… Chester is packing on the miles, though I know we have many good years to go.  Chester has been a faithful car to me since February 2010.  Over the past few semesters, I have spent more time in Chester driving than almost anywhere else.  Thanks Chester! 
Celebrating on the day I got Chester! No idea why this picture was taken upside down..

Chester in all his birthday glory!

2.  My Birthday.

I LOVE birthdays.  Not just my own, but all birthdays. I love to pick out the perfect present.  I love to celebrate with the person.  I love, love, love it.  So naturally, I also love my own birthday.  This does NOT mean I’m obsessed with myself, people!!!! It is the one day a year when the people who love you most ALL send thoughts and love your way.  And I truly appreciate that.  Every card, text and phone call makes my day. 

To the great annoyance of my brothers, I also love my clock birthday.  Don’t know what that is? I’m not surprised.  Clock birthdays are when the time reads your birth month and day (aka: mine is 8:18).  Every time I happen to glance at the clock and see 8:18 I exclaim, “It’s my birthday!”  To which my family responds: “No, it’s not.”  Not everyone appreciates the greatness of clock birthdays.  But now, my real birthday is on Saturday, and I am thoroughly looking forward to it.  A toast to Chester and birthdays!


Joyfully yours,

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment