Monday, September 9, 2013

Struggles


If you have been reading this blog for a while, you will know that I have a lot of headaches.  They can vary from every day to just two a week.  But for the past three weeks, I have had particularly bad neck pain that is nearly constant.  I try to write this blog from a joyful perspective (Pure Joy, c'mon!!) but I must be honest and tell you that I am having a really hard time finding joy in this. It is so hard not to sit around feeling sorry for myself and making excuses for why that is okay. Intellectually I know that so many others have it way worse than I do. And I AM thankful for all the many things I do have.  But it is so easy to play the comparison game the other way, too, and think that it is not fair that I have to have this when so many people don't.  Perhaps that is one of the reasons, then, that God gives me this.  To learn to accept it.  To learn that things won't be perfect but that I need to find joy anyway.  I stumbled upon this a few minutes ago on Pinterest and in that moment, it was exactly what I needed.  


source

No comments:

Post a Comment