Monday, August 17, 2015

The Perfect Moment



In a Bible class I recently attended, we were discussing the idea that life is full of opportunities. It's not only the good we do that counts, it's also the missed opportunities that we should have used to do good. 

It may never be the perfect moment, but maybe it is the right moment. In my opinion, the right moment is usually now. If you keep waiting for the perfect time, you might get to the end of your life with a whole lot of regrets. 

I think of Jesus, who never missed an opportunity to do good. Even when he was starving and exhausted, he did God's work. He never missed an opportunity to have compassion and to show love. Am I perfect like Jesus? Of course not, but I aspire to be more like him and less like me.

What are you waiting for? Now is the time to make the most of every opportunity. Do you see someone who needs help around the house? Help them! Do you know someone who needs compassion? Give it to them! Do you see a world around you, desperately needing God's word? Preach it! 

There is so much to be done. If we don't do it, God will certainly use someone else, but I want to be part of doing His work! My challenge for myself this week is to spend more time thinking about what good I can do for those around me and not what good I can do for myself. How will you challenge yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment