Tuesday, October 4, 2016

6 Tidbits to Change Your Attitude

I am a huge quotes person. As in, it's probably my biggest Pinterest board. I love quotes because they are a small, beautifully put and profound summary of something that resonates deep within me. I'm going to share some of my favorite tidbits of advice with you and why I love them. I hope to do a few of these because there's no way I can limit myself to just a few! 



The cause of most of man's unhappiness is sacrificing what he wants most for what he wants now. Gordon B Hinckley 

To me, impatience is a universal human problem. We want what we want, and we want it now. Waiting is so hard and it's not fun. Our society pushes us to do whatever our heart leads us to, even if it means letting go of the thing we want the most. In terms of faith, I think it can be so easy to get swept away in temporal things instead of holding out for the things of the Kingdom. This quote reminds me to hold on. Don't sacrifice the biggest gift for a meaningless, fleeting gift. 

Comparison is the thief of joy. Theodore Roosevelt

The whole world is basically run on the fact that we want what others have. Commercials, wars, business, everything revolves around coveting. And it takes our joy. It's nearly impossible to find joy without letting go of the constant wanting. 

Do not regret growing older. It's a privilege denied to many.

So, so beautiful. Growing older can be scary and, of course, there are many consequences of aging. Yet, we should be thankful for it and the wisdom that comes from age. 

You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. 

I'm the type of person who has a hard time letting heavy things go. Little things, big things, if I worry that something is wrong, I hang it around my neck and carry it with me. It's hard to do, but it's so relieving to let things go. And sometimes, I just have to because I can't possibly carry one more thing around. Thankfully, we have Jesus who says he will carry it with us. 

Don't shine so that other's can see you, shine so that through you, other's can see Him. C.S. Lewis

Um, YES! If people are looking at me, I don't want them to see imperfect, human me. Wouldn't it be so much better if when looking at me, they saw a little glimpse of how Christ loved? 

We get so worried about being pretty. Let's be pretty KIND, pretty FUNNY, pretty SMART, pretty STRONG. 

Not much to say about this one. I wrote a post about it here, but I still adore it. Women especially spend so much time worrying about being pretty. Let's worry less about that and worry about these things. 

Do you have a favorite saying to change your attitude? 

6 comments:

  1. "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." -Maya Angelo
    That's always been one of my favorites. I really enjoyed your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CS Lewis is the best. I love that quote and needed this reminder today thank you!

    ReplyDelete