Friday, October 28, 2016

Why I Choose Jesus!

If you've been reading for a while or following on Instagram, you probably have seen that I am involved in a campaign called "Jesus for King 2016". Today our church is hosting our first Jesus for King 2016 presentation and I wanted to share with you what it's all about and why I'm so excited about it.


First of all, JFK 2016 is not an anti-Trump or Clinton campaign. It's simply saying that if you are dissatisfied with your current choices for a leader-- there's a better option! I believe that the Bible tells us that Jesus is God's son. He is in heaven with God now, but he will come back to earth someday. 

When he does, he will set up his Kingdom on earth and the whole world will be filled with God's glory. In that Kingdom, Jesus will be King. And he will be so much better than any human leader! Unlike any human, Jesus will be able to solve all the world's problems. He will solve healthcare and poverty and injustice. He will rule fairly and lovingly. He won't be corrupt or dishonest. He always will know what's best so we can count on him to do the right thing. 

And his delight shall be in the fear of the LordHe shall not judge by what his eyes see, or decide disputes by what his ears hear, but with righteousness he shall judge the poor and decide with equity for the meek of the earth. Isaiah 11:3-4

Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped. Then will the lame leap like a dear, and the mute tongue shout for joy. Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the dessert. Isaiah 35:6-7
So what is JFK 2016 all about? It's not predicting that Jesus will come back to earth in 2016 (although that would be great!). It's about encouraging people to seek a better hope than we have in human leaders. It's about "casting your vote" for Jesus. It's about choosing him as your leader and following in his footsteps.  

Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Acts 2:38

JFK 2016 gives us a hope for the future! It helps me rest assured that I don't need to worry about whether Trump or Clinton becomes President. I don't need to worry because God is in control. He will choose the President who will cause His plan to come about. And I'm so thankful for that hope! 

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome  the world. John 16:33

If you want to know more, check out Jesus for King 2016 or send me an email! I'd love to see you at our presentation. Happy Friday, friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment