Friday, October 21, 2016

This Story Has a Happy Ending

**This story has a happy ending** 

Speaking of vulnerability (my recent post here), when I was at my routine physical exam last week, my doctor found a little lump in my breast that she was concerned about. She told me that she was 95% sure that it was fine but she wanted me to get an ultrasound done. Which of course, was a statistic she completely made up, so I wasn't super reassured. She told me not to freak out but of course I did.


I went home and cried. Daniel helped me to calm down and we've been praying about it daily. However, I decided not to tell others because I didn't want them to worry about something that was probably nothing. I had to wait a week and two days to go in for my ultrasound and it was a long week! I tried not to worry or think about it. 

However, the Wednesday before the test, I started to have all my anxiety overwhelm me. It was probably nothing, but what if I was in the 5%? What if I was the person whose life was going to change forever in a day? I was driving to Bible class, feeling so raw and on edge. I was praying a lot. I heard a song come on the radio (and honestly I don't even remember what song it was), but the words were so perfect. It was reminding me that everything is in God's hands. 

Which I know. I know that everything is in God's hands, but that doesn't mean that bad things won't happen in this life. And maybe this would all be part of God's plan to make me a better person. 

When I went to my ultrasound on Thursday, it was so scary. But I am okay! I have a small but benign tumor. I have to have it monitored every six months, but I am okay! I am very thankful.

I'm not claiming to have the worst tragedy of all time. I am thankful to be part of the 95% this time, but I know that I won't always be. In this life, there will be trouble. That's what Jesus said. It doesn't matter if you are a believer or not, you WILL have to face trouble. You will have hurts, tragedies, pain, sadness. But there is so much more to the story! In my story and in your story. 

P.S. The night before my ultrasound, we were eating with my family and Daniel told them about it (not knowing that I hadn't). The next day, my mom told me that my brother had asked my family that night to have a prayer circle for me. *tears*

Thanks for reading, and happy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment