Friday, February 10, 2017

What Inspires You to Blog?

I only write on my blog twice a week, but I still have many days where I am wracking my brain trying to come up with a good post. What can I write about that will interest my readers, will be something I'm interested in, while not being something I've already written about? When you've written more than 400 blog posts, I think it can be a little hard to come up with new material! In fact, I was thinking that I should write a post with ideas for blog posts when I remembered I had written one a few months ago. Ooooops. #memory

You can find that post here

One of the prompts that I had shared was What inspires you to blog?

I first started by blog in 2012. It seems like forever ago! When I stumbled upon The Small Things Blog on Facebook, I'd literally never even heard of blogging. I read her blog for a while and started looking at other blogs that she would share. I became obsessed with the idea of blogging.

It's funny, because when I started blogging, my blog was not at all like the blogs I was reading (i.e. fashion and beauty blogs), so I'm not sure why they inspired me so much. Nevertheless, I felt like I had something I wanted to share with the world. 



Since then, I have steadily plugged along. My blog has not become big and famous like I dreamed it would. Maybe someday. But for now, I keep writing because I love to write and I love to encourage others. I read/hear so many things that inspire me to keep writing. The wheels in my head get turning and I want to share it with someone. So thank you for being the someone I can share it with! 

My dream is that these words will be guided by God and will encourage somebody when they need it most. My dream is that someone will stumble upon my blog and want to know more about Jesus and what he has to offer. I blog because these things keep brimming up inside me and I want to share them. I think we all need someone to hear us out. Pure Joy is a special place where the honest thoughts of my head come out on paper (aka the internet) and you come along to read... thank you!!

What inspires you to blog? 

P.S. If you enjoy reading, I hope you will follow along on Instagram, Facebook, or Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment