Friday, March 1, 2013

Are You An Alien?


I hope you all don't mind when I do brain dumps on you from classes I've heard.  If you do, stop reading now because I'm at it again.  I just listened to a great class and I'm going to share with you what inspired me from it.  If you'd like to hear the whole class, I would highly recommend giving it a listen here (Craig Blewett class 4).

So here it is... your friendly reminder to be an alien:

When the world looks at us, what do they see?  Do they see someone just like everyone else? Hopefully not.  Because the people God tells us to be like are NOT like the rest of the world.  It is easy for us to love those who love us.  But not so easy to love our enemies.  Definitely not so easy to turn the other cheek.  So, do we?  Because if we do, people around us will take note... we will be alien.

So think about Paul and Barnabas singing hymns in prison.  That's a little alien for us.  Think about Joseph freely forgiving his brothers.  Lastly, think about Jesus dying on a cross for us.  THAT is the definition of alien.  Our love should stand out to the people around us, because God's love is so far removed from the love most people know.   
source

Here's to being aliens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment