Friday, March 15, 2013

My Trip to the Emergency Room.


Every Friday, I intern at a skilled nursing facility.  This basically means I follow a Physical Therapist around all morning and stand A LOT.  Last week, I fainted.  Yes, fainted... which resulted in the paramedics being called and a big ruckus at the skilled nursing facility.  Guess they aren't used to 21 year olds being sick there.  

Turns out my blood sugar and blood pressure were really low.  Since I had eaten that morning, they didn't really know why so I was taken in the ambulance to the hospital, where I waited for hours to find out that they couldn't find out anything wrong with me.  

Just so you know, it is surprisingly embarrassing to faint and be wheeled out of somewhere on a gurney.  It is also embarrassing when the paramedics pull up your pant leg to find that you are wearing Mary Janes and knee high stockings.  

So my advice to you is to never wear knee highs.  Then you don't have to worry about this embarrassment.  I, however, wore them again today. I guess some people never learn...
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I don't know... depends on if the knee highs had a big hole in them or not! ;)

    ReplyDelete