Thursday, March 7, 2013

In which professors should learn to be professors


I have big news... I applied last month to graduate next semester.  By December of this year, I will be a college graduate... AHHH.  Crazy stuff. 

Which means, that I am getting down to the end.  The classes I am taking theoretically should prepare me for my future job.  Which SHOULD mean that my professors are great.  Some are, but many are not.  In particular, my professor for my class where we learn all the origins, insertions, and actions of the muscles.  Pretty important stuff that needs a good professor to teach it.  

I kid you not, in the five weeks I have been in his class, our professor has not lectured one time.  Every single class we do group presentations which we learn nothing from.  In our lab, instead of studying models, we do more group presentations.  To make things worse, after our presentations are over, he makes us sit in a circle and talk about our feelings.  No joke! This frustrates me to no end.  Ughhh, I am so tired of bad professors! I have had some excellent professors over the years and I always make a point of telling them how much I appreciate them.

Alright, the rant is over.  Go thank your wonderful teachers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment