Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The First Week

Happy Tuesday! Like I mentioned last week, I started the "Fruit Challenge" (read more about it here).  So far, it's great! Some days I have felt like I wasn't doing much and some days were a lot of work.



What have been the daily challenges so far?

Day 1: PRAY about everything. Before doing anything at all, big or small, pray! Some key passages: Luke 18:1, Mark 11:22, Philippians 4:6, 1 Peter 5:7, James 4:15

Day 2: Don't get angry or upset about anything! Focus on peace and longsuffering.  Key passages: Matthew 5:22, Ephesians 4:26, Colossians 3:8

Day 3: Be a peacemaker. Focus not only on not being angry but also to seek peace with others.  Key passages: 1 Corinthians 1:10, 1 Peter 3:8, James 3:18, Hebrews 12:14

Day 4: Help someone else; be a burden bearer. Make yourself available to share someone else's burden.  Key scriptures: Acts 20:35, James 2:16, 1 John 3:17, Philippians 2:4

Day 5: Give THANKS in everything.  Make a list of all the things you are thankful for; you will find more than you could possibly expect! Key passages: Ephesians 5:20, Colossians 3:15, 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Day 6: Forgive others! If we want God to forgive us (which we certainly don't deserve), we must forgive others of the little things they do to us. If there is someone you haven't forgiven, do it! Key passages: Matthew 5:24, Colossians 3:13, Romans 14:13, James 4:11

Day 7: Confess God before someone today. Don't hide your light! Luke 12:8, Mark 8:38, 2 Timothy 1:8, Philippians 2:16

Day 8: Be imitators of the kindness of God! Go out of your way to show kindness, even to those who you don't feel deserve it.  Luke 6:36, Matthew 5:7, Ephesians 5:1

My favorite days so far have been day 1, day 4, and day 5. Praying before I did anything really helped me to focus on God. I have been trying to keep that habit up because being able to talk to my Father in Heaven is such a blessing!

Doing something to help someone else out is immensely encouraging.  But not only that, it makes you realize how little you are really doing to help others.  It has made me examine my own life and try to find ways to do good.

And of course one of my favorite days was giving thanks! I believe it is so important to truly count your blessings, because it makes you realize what you truly have.  Which is SO much more than so many people have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment