Thursday, July 24, 2014

Kid Friendly

As you might remember, I've been doing a whole lot of babysitting lately (15 hours yesterday!!) and I've been trying to make some healthy, kid friendly meals. These chicken fingers that my mom makes were a real hit yesterday when I fixed them for the boys!  The great thing about them is that you can change up the ingredients easily (we didn't have saltines, so I just used a mixture of other crackers). 


16 saltine crackers, crushed
1/4 cup pecans, toasted and ground
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp paprika
6-10 chicken breast tenders
1 egg
Honey-horseradish dip

Stir together first 5 ingredients.  Whisk egg and dip chicken strips in egg, then saltine mixture.  Place on a sprayed broiler pan.  Cook 20 minutes on 425.

Honey-horseradish dip

1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1/4 cup mustard
1/4 cup honey
2 TBSP horseradish

Mix all ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment