Friday, July 4, 2014

Short and Sweet

I've been a little desperate to get a job this summer. Once I start school in the fall, I wasn't sure I would be able to get a job that works around my odd hours so I wanted to work as much as possible this summer. Turns out that wasn't the plan for me, and I never did find a full time summer position. A couple weeks ago I was looking on Care.com (which is the place I find nanny jobs) and I noticed that some people were looking for housecleaners. I was super excited because... duh, I love to clean. I mean I know that this is a weird thing to love, but I really can get into the groove cleaning. I thought maybe I could get a couple gigs that I could do weekly that would work around my school hours and bring in a little money.

Sooo I applied for a few jobs on Care.com and the next day a lady called me and asked me to come over and see what she wanted for me to do.  I did, and found that she was crazy.  Just kidding. However, she did want me to clean her entire house in 2 hours. Her house is admittedly a little small, but still.  So I said I would try and I started my job on Friday. There were two showers and they were absolutely filthy so it took forever to do that. It was a very stressful time and in the end, it took me 3 hours. However, at the end of the day she called me (she had been at work when I was there) and said she was very impressed and that she would give me 3 hours to clean in the future. Phew!

Anyway, the very day that I started my housecleaning "job", a lady called me and asked if I would want to watch her sons full time for three weeks during the summer. She wanted some help in the fall too and was willing to work around my school hours. Even though it wasn't the full summer job I wanted, I figured it was better than housecleaning for 3 hours a week. I'm starting that job next week and since it's full time I won't be able to clean the lady's house anymore.  Goodbye... to the shortest career ever!

Oh, and something I seriously don't get. If you had the luxury of having someone else clean your house, why would you leave all your dirty clothes lying out? Especially if you give them a time limit. I mean, honestly. It seems like you would want them to actually spend the whole time doing actual cleaning instead of picking up your dirty underwear.  


No comments:

Post a Comment